Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 30 - Feels Like Christmas Eve

Remember the feeling? You're 6 years old, it's Christmas Eve and it's almost time for Santa to come! Your mom says "...but Santa won't come down the chimney until you're fast asleep." Ugh...so even though it's early, you just have to go to bed and close your eyes...you can't stand the anticipation and if you fall asleep, it'll quickly be tomorrow! But oh oh, if you aren't sleeping, Santa and his sleigh are just going to whooooosh right past your house to little Billy's down the street! And... you can't sleep because you're way too excited! What a predicament!

Fast forward...I'm 39 years old and this is how I feel - right here, right now. No, I'm not going insane and think that Santa is coming down my chimney this evening. I didn't even have a Billy that lived down the street. This is not child's play. My splint comes off tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I am so excited that I can't go to sleep. But I want to sleep because then tomorrow will be here quicker. But I just can't!!!! What a predicament!

No comments: