Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 25 - Look Ma, No Bands!

Three times a day for one hour at a time, my own little piece of heaven. That's exactly what it's like when I get to take the elastics off for those periods of time. Ahhhhh, something so simple, yet it means so much. But ouch - when I lose control of them, they sure can snap! They're very easy to take off, not so much to put back on but I'm doing my best! It's such a wonderful feeling when they're off, much less confining. It somehow makes me realize that there IS a light at the end of this dirty, drafty tunnel.

I'm not feeling great today. I've got a bit of a sore throat. I'm not sure if it's just some drainage from the surgery or if I've got a bit of a cold. Either way, I'm having kind of a blah day. It's probably nothing a nice glass of wine on the patio can't cure. :-)

I can't forget to tell you about dinner last night! Brian said he was going to make chicken, I asked what KIND. He said it would have an oriental flair...that it was a "Chicken Surprise". This didn't scare me in the least - I can always count on whatever he makes to be good. And oh boy, was it ever!!! Talk about fancy and colorful! A peanutty, oriental chicken with vegetables, rice and beets...check this out!!



The countdown is on. Next Thursday, the splint comes off. Do you realize that, including today, it's only 7 days away?? Not that I'm really counting or paying attention...

Quick update - right side, no numbness. Left side, partial numbness. Nose - totally numb and itchy - frustrating. Chin - partial numbness, think I'm getting some feeling back. Feels very strange and from time to time, painful in a weird sort of way. Lips...still burning and painful. For me, the latter is the hardest because I really like to kiss my husband and it doesn't feel good right now. :-( Can't wait till the feeling comes back.

I'm craving seafood - haven't had any since surgery, but I'm also not sure just how it would taste blended. I know the thought of it is NOT appealing. Ooooh, a challenge!

No comments: