Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 23 - All Banded Up & Nowhere To Go!

Naps - I've never been one to take them.  I've changed my mind.  I want to take one.  I think I like them. "Nuff said.

Last night's dinner was pizza.  Tonight, burgers and mashed potatoes.....yum!!!

Had my 3rd appointment with the surgeon today.  First things first...I have the most awesome doctors!  Today was a good day...we had some good laughs and each day I make Dr. Posnick smile is a good day!  Things look good - the incisions are healing nicely and the swelling is slowly going down.  I love it when they take the bands off, it feels SO good to open my mouth!  And speaking of bands...good news.  I now get to take the bands off 3 times a day for an hour at a time!  Heaven!  Tonight was my first try at it, but only because I didn't have a choice.  I was brushing my teeth and one of the back bands came off.  Getting it back on proved to be easier than expected..except it doesn't seem to want to stay put!  Grrrrr.  Just what I need to do...swallow rubber bands in my sleep!  lol   Anyway,  back to the doc - I also brush my teeth when I'm there.  Unfortunately, I still can't quite maneuver the toothbrush well enough to get the insides of my teeth because my mouth doesn't open far enough.  I bet I'm growing some nice, wool sweaters in there!  hehe  I have one last bit of good news and this one tops all today.  Instead of a week from Monday (the 14th), I will be getting my splint off next Thursday (10th), then a quick trip to the orthodontist to have brand new wires (sans hooks, thank goodness!) put on!!   That deserves a big YEEEE-HAWWWWW!  :-)  Don't get too excited for me though, this doesn't mean that everything goes right back to normal!  Far from it.  The splint will be off, but I'll still have to eat soft foods and it'll be a while before my jaw will work as it normally should.  For now, though, I don't want to focus on that....I want to go back to the YEEEE-HAWWWWW instead! 


One of the staples of my diet is Ensure.  These wonderful little things are lifesavers!  These are my "in-betweens"...I drink them whenever I'm feeling hungry for a snack and they work wonders!  I try my best to have regular meals now - usually it's Malt-O-Meal for breakfast, the previous night's dinner as a lunch leftover and then whatever is on the menu for that evening's dinner.  But in between, Ensure does the trick and surprisingly enough, even after three weeks, I'm not tired of them!  I was shocked to see the variety...Coffee Latte, Chocolate Malt, Vanilla, Banana Cream, Strawberry...gives me some good choices!  With that said...when this is all done, I never want to see an adult nutritional drink again!  :-)

Brian had a steak tonight - it hurt my feelings.  Okay, maybe not...but it hurt my stomach's feelings!  He was growled at!  *sigh*....that's my daily craving and I can't wait till I can again chomp into a side of beef!

No comments: