Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 27 - Moving Right Along

Feeling a little better today, my throat doesn't seem to be quite as sore as it has been the last couple of days. Let's hope that it's making a beeline out of my system! Still swollen, mostly on the left side. Pics don't show it as much, but I've still got a good bit under my left eye and along the side of my nose. It seems to be tingling a lot in the last couple of days. I'm taking that as a positive sign that the nerves in that area are beginning to fire and the feeling is slowly going to begin coming back! The Squiggles are still there and the shooting pains are also there from time to time. They're very uncomfortable but fortunately, only last for a second or two. All in all, things seem to be progressing nicely. Not much to see in terms of difference, but here are a couple of updated pics:





Brian took the Shrimp Challenge....and won!!!!! Another successful blended dish last night...shrimp fettuccini alfredo. I don't know how he does it, but he manages to make everything taste fantastic! And along with these great tasting dinners comes the weight....I'm happy to say that I'm putting on what I lost in the first couple of weeks. I'm not back to where I was before surgery, but pretty close. I'm happy with this.

Provided things continue to progress well, I'm looking at going back to work half time on the 14th. Just need to continue to work on my energy level - it seems to be working against me! But, once the splint is off, I'll at least be able to answer the phone and talk with tenants - a plus. I miss working, though, and am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. A HUGE thank you to Paul for being patient and to Cheryl for being there for me. :-)

I'd love nothing more than to have a Root Beer Freeze for dinner, but really, that's just not right. There's absolutely NO nutritional value (unless "tasting yummy" is a new food group) and I know if I have one, I'll be hungry about 30 minutes later. So.....what to have? Chicken pot pie? Haven't tried that yet. Coconut chicken? Haven't tried that either! But I've got both of them in the freezer just waiting to be had! :-) I know, I know....the anticipation is just killing you, right? Yes, this IS one of the excitements of my day. *sigh*

I've been thinking lately of the things I've really miss now that it's been a month (yikes, it's really almost been that long!!). To name a few: I miss being able to call and make/cancel my own appointments. I miss talking with my parents (both sets). I miss chewing and enjoying the texture of foods. I miss licking food off my fingers (seriously...I can't stick my tongue out right now, remember??). I miss brushing & flossing my teeth. I miss blowing my nose.

I will never take the small things in life for granted - ever again!

4 comments:

Graham said...

I remember wishing I could run my own life too! I had to take my roommate to Best Buy one time just so he could talk to customer service for me!

You're looking great! I'm still jealous that your blended diet is more exciting than my regular diet. :-P

Aimee said...

Hehehehe...I'm enjoying my blended diet quite a lot. But seriously, if it weren't for Brian, it would be Ensure for breakfast, lunch and dinner! lol However, we're going easy tonight...pizza....and I'm making it! Ahhhh, the little bit of life I'm getting back. haha

Today, we were on our way to the store, talking about something that we need to take care of. Brian said, "Well, why don't you just call them tomorrow..." and I just looked at him, like "Really? Are you serious?" LOL

Suzie said...

Ok, I'm not as bad as the two of you were, but yesterday I was in this big meeting with ALL of the Navy Base Senior Leaders, and the boneheads at my table decide to vote me as Lead and spokesperson. I just looked at them and asked if they were insane....Oh yeah, stand up in front of 100 or so people and try to do a briefing.

I did get through it, I'm just not sure anyone understood anything I said Hahahaha...

Aimee said...

I hope you didn't spit on anyone with a higher rank than you! LMAO