Thursday, May 13, 2010

Patience...

It's 4:18 am - Day 3 - unfortunately, my sleeping patterns have not improved.  I won't take much of your time, but thought I would try to get my own update out there even though Brian has been doing a great job so far!

This is NOT fun.  Not that I expected it to be fun, but I must say I was thinking it might be a bit easier than it's been.  The easiest part was immediately following surgery.  I didn't feel too bad, I could speak pretty well and the swelling didn't seem to be affecting me too badly.  Yesterday and today - totaly different story.  Although everything I'm feeling right now is completely normal, that doesn't mean it feels right.  My throat has become increasingly sore from the tube they put through my nose and down my throat.  I'm also having trouble breathing so it's frustrating. I understand that having the septoplasty is, in the long run, much simpler and cost effective to do at the same time as jaw surgery, I'm rethinking just why ANYONE would choose to do it now!!!  It has made breathing ridiculously difficult!  I can't complain too much about pain in my nose, though, so that's a good thing.  It's a bit tender, but other than that, not too bad.

Sorry to make this short but time to go back to sleep for a short time.  I'll try to get you more updates as the day progresses.  Thanks for all your love and support - I've gotten your messages from Brian.

No comments: