Wednesday, May 19, 2010

All In All, Not A Bad Day


I'm gonna say that today was, by far, the best day.  Not because there are improvements - on the contrary, my chin pains me, the incisions inside my mouth are on fire, I'm still swollen and my face feels like it could explode at any moment into tiny bits.  Then why, you ask?  Because today at 3 p.m., my husband came downstairs to my room (yes, I have my own room right now) and simply asked if he could take a nap with me.  I don't think you have any idea how sweet it was and how good it felt.  I wasn't napping.  But Brian's working from home this week, and as I said in an earlier post, not only is he taking care of things on HIS end, but he's also taking care of everything for me!  He said his brain was all mushy today from the work he's doing and that he needed a break.  Because my sleeping pattern is so messed up (I don't sleep at night then nap on and off throughout the day), I've been sleeping in the guest bedroom in the basement.  Nothing has been normal now for 9 days.  And although taking naps with my husband is not a part of our normal routine, I'll take it now - in a heartbeat!  An hour lying next to my husband, sound asleep - priceless.

Things I miss:
  • My husband
  • Wine (I can drink it, just don't have a taste for it now)
  • Slim Jims
  • Steak
  • Being able to drink a glass of liquid without spilling down my front
  • Driving
  • Talking (although I do surprisingly well!)
  • Feeling in my face
 My Daily Craving:

 Brian's Veal Scalloppini with lemon butter, white wine & capers.

Weight loss to date:  13 pounds

No comments: