Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 16, But Who's Counting??


Me!

Good news is...my smile is there!  Bad news is...I can't FEEL it!  lol

The good night's sleep thing was short lived as I didn't get ANY last night.  I finally moved down to the couch at about 4 a.m., was up for another couple of hours, then finally fell asleep around 6:30 and was able to sleep until 7:45, just in time to say goodbye to my husband as he ran out the door.  :-)  *sigh*  It will get better though, I know it!

Dinner tonight was another yummy one....Brian made chili for me!  This whole blended diet thing is going pretty well!  Of course, when I'm left on my own, the toughest part of making it is opening the bottle of Ensure - those caps are really tight!!!!!!  :-)  Looking for some help from all my "followers".  What do YOU think would taste good blended?  Give us your thoughts.  You pick, we'll try, and then let you know how it tasted! 

My weight is holding pretty steady and for that, I'm glad.  I wish I could exercise a bit more, but for now, I have to settle for short and easy walks up and down the sidewalk each day.  It's better than nothing.

I recently found a blog online, someone else chronicling their jaw surgery.  The owner of the blog, Graham, was two months into his recovery on the day I returned home from the hospital.  I was searching for any and all help, something or someone to give me the strength to keep on keepin' on.  I posted a comment and Graham replied almost right away and instantly made me feel better.  Shortly after that, a reply from others on their own roads to recovery....and now, two weeks later, I've found new friends.  For this, I'm SO grateful.  Graham, Audra, Tara, Suzie.....thank you!

No comments: