Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 6 - Is It Sunday Already?

I just realized it's Sunday - time has flown since being admitted to the hospital last Tuesday.  I haven't been on here much, I know, but I hope to change that soon.  I won't sugarcoat anything...it's been a really rough two days.  I hurt a lot and the pressure and pain in my face is like nothing I've ever felt before.  The swelling isn't going down, it's merely changing - moving from one area to the next to the next.  If you ask me, I think I look like a moose.  Ask my husband, he'll probably agree.  (my two cents (Brian), I still say John Madden, a moose would be less scary).  Hmmmmm, he snuck that in there while I was taking a nap - that's right, honey, go ahead and kick a girl when she's down!  :-)

Drugs - they are a godsend.  I'm on Percocet and Tylenol for pain and swelling,  Dimetapp and Saline spray for congestion and Keflex to ward off any infections.  Even though it seems like Brian is a total pusher and is giving these to me every 15 minutes, I don't think that's the case.  I'm just so sick of medications I could cry.

And speaking of...I know that my best friend, Londa, is wondering if I've cried.  Yes!  Like a baby!!!!! Most of you know that I'm normally a pretty upbeat person.  And in most normal situations, I am.  This is no normal situation and as positive as I'm trying to be, it has its down sides.  I don't care that I can't eat, that's not a concern yet, because frankly, I haven't had much of an appetite.  (Weight loss is at an official 10 pounds since date of surgery).  Nor do I care what I look like - I can deal with the Moose and John Madden look.  I think it just hits from time to time when Brian hands me yet another plunger full of antibiotic to shove into my throat, or when I'm lying on my back and Brian grabs hold of my leg and I realize I haven't been breathing because it's just so difficult TO breathe.  Some things just aren't "normal" so if you don't mind, the inner baby in me WILL come out and I fully intend to have my pity parties.  Y'all are more than welcome to join!

No comments: