Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 15 - Seeing Red

..and I don't mean because I'm angry!  Look at this and take a guess what I had for dinner! (answer at the end of the post)
Today was a strange day.  Not bad, just strange.  Last night was the best night's sleep I've had since the first day as I slept nearly 5 hours, a good thing - so you'd think I'd be well rested today.  I guess it wasn't enough.  I was up for a couple of hours this morning and then, all of a sudden, sitting straight up on the couch, I fell asleep.  It was on and off like that for the better part of the day - just a little weird.  I never did quite get into a rhythm.

I've got a funny for you though!  I'm not sure what changed - if the splint shifted (which I don't think is possible) or if maybe swelling is affecting it, but I now squeak.  I can't explain how it happened or why, but it's just plain funny!  What can I say - check out this link and you'll get a laugh??   Squeaky!!

My swelling went down quite a bit at the beginning but now it's slowed.  Still swollen, especially on the left side.  I have most of the feeling on the right side of my face but my left is still almost all numb.  My lips bother me a lot, it's a very unsettling feeling and actually hurts.  It almost feels like they're on fire or like someone is slicing me with a knife.  It's hard to describe unless you experience it.  I'll be glad when this goes away, but it could be months.  I'm not nearly as congested as when I first came home from the hospital, but it's still there.  I still can't blow my nose - hoping to be able to do that soon, that'll make a HUGE difference and will feel SO good!

Did you guess what I had for dinner?  PIZZA!!!  Hahahaha.....yep!  Really!  We're 4 for 4!!!  Chicken fettuccini, vegetable curry & rice, burgers & mashed potatoes and now, pizza!  All good and definite do overs!  Check out the process:


Can you believe that something that looks SO horrible can really taste good?  It can!  I am SO not starving!!!

My daily craving:  Lemon butter & garlic tilapia...yummmmm

No comments: