Friday, May 14, 2010

Update Time - I'm home!



I just noticed that aside from my quick coffee rant this morning, there has been no update since my sleepless night.  No worries, I'll scold my hubby!  :-)  And stop talking about my hair - I KNOW I haven't had a shower in 4 days!!!

I'll just start from right now and if Brian wants to add anything, he can do so.  I don't remember a whole lot from the past 3 days so I probably can't be of much help.  But since I'm feeling just a little better this morning, I'll do what I can before I drift back to sleep.  I'm home!  My doctor released me yesterday afternoon and what a joy that was to hear!  I must admit that when I first got here, I was a little nervous and almost felt like the walls were closing in.  I had access to this wonderful humidifier thing on my bed that I could just clasp over my mouth and nose and it would help my stuffiness.  I don't have it here and at first, I missed it!  But, Brian had run to the store to pick up a little humidifier and I quickly realized I could sit in front of it and get the same benefit.  The points go to Mr. Darling!  Yayyyy!  I've set up a makeshift room here in the living room - it's not ideal but it's comfortable and it allows me to be a little bit more independent.  Brian's awesome - he's a great nurse and I'll owe him dearly for this - you'll hear me say that over and over again because he really IS the best!  I must say that my first night home wasn't too bad.  I woke up about every two hours, which is a MAJOR improvement over every 40 minutes at the hospital!  The breathing is horrendous and very, very difficult.  Almost impossible to put into words.  I'd say the best way to explain it is to plug your nose and breathe through a straw in your mouth and see how simple it is.  I don't know another way to put it - it's just not fun at all.  I'm trying hard not to get panicky about it because a) it won't do me a bit of good and b) when I get panicky, I start to cry and then I get even MORE stuffed up.  It's a lose-lose situation and we'll have none of that!  haha

Just had a good bit of chicken broth - yummy!  It's really the first time I've eaten because they gave me ridiculous meals in the hospital.  Yes, I'm supposed to be on a liquid diet yet they send me this thick and chunky malt-o-meal!  Seriously!  Oh, and jello cubes and don't forget thick and creamy ice cream.  It was insane.  We finally had to ask for some broth so I could get something into my system besides water!  Along with the chicken broth, I also had a Percoset which is apparently just now making itself known because my eyes are beginning to feel kinda funny.  I think this is my cue to close for now and come back again in a while or who knows what I might say!  :-)

No comments: