Monday, May 10, 2010

This Is It!

It's almost time - tomorrow is the big day we've been preparing for - one year in the making!  Surgery will be at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, D.C.  We have to arrive at 5:30 am and surgery is set for 7:30 am.  I'm first on the list so unless my surgeon decides to sleep in, I won't have to wait!  :-) 

It's my last supper...hahaha....so the meal tonight is surf & turf (ribeyes and shrimp) and artichokes.  Ashley is joining us and opted for chicken and corn on the cob so we've got a bunch of things happening in the kitchen right now!  I've been getting laundry done and packing things for the next three days in the hospital.  Let's see...iPod, Kindle, computer, Flip, camera, dry-erase board and lots of chapstick.  Some comfy clothes and socks round out the list!  I think that's all we need. 

My mental state right now is undetermined.  I'm really not nervous for the surgery itself, more so about what to expect afterwards.  How is it going to feel?  What will I look like?  How am I going to "say" what's on my mind???  And, of course, will it hurt?  I suppose it won't be long now before I'll know. Brian will keep everyone updated and let you know how things are going.  I'll be chomping (well, maybe not) at the bit wanting to turn on my computer, so as soon as I'm feeling up to it, I'll let everyone know firsthand how I'm doing.

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes and thoughts.  I have complete trust in my surgeon and know that we're on the path to a much better life!  See you on the other side!  :-)

No comments: