Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's Official - I'm Hungry

My stomach is gurgling and screaming FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!  So, good morning, belly.....here's a little Strawberry Banana Smoothie.  Mmmmmmmm, tasty!  And it only took an hour and a half to drink 10 oz!  Ugh.  It took me so long to drink it that now I'm hungry again.  It's a vicious cycle!  But, let me toot my own horn just a little bit!  I do still take meds from a syringe, but for water, Gatorade, smoothies...I drink from a glass!  Yep!  Woot Woot!

So eating - it's kind of humorous.  You see, I can't feel anything from my eyes down.  Wait, I take that back.  I have a small amount of feeling in my right cheek.  Other than that, it's all "pins and needles" or completely numb, only the sensation that it might be there.  Frustrating?  Incredibly.  Funny?  Yeah, sort of....lol.  You see, I've been having a pity party for the last couple of days and today, I've decided to try to find something lighthearted in what's happening.   For instance...since my breakfast smoothie tasted so good this morning, I went ALL out and made myself one for lunch!  I can't remember the name of it, but years ago in Willmar, there used to be a deli downtown (then turned into a greek place, I think - next door to the Heritage Bank Building for all you Willmarites).  They made a Jumpin' Monkey.  Yummmmmmy!  I wanted to try to replicate that taste and I must say, I did a pretty darn good job of it!  Ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup, banana and coffee.  It tastes great - but I've been trying to down it now for 30 minutes and I haven't even made a dent!  LOL  It dribbles off the right side of my lip......then I'll lean to the left to get a paper towel and it dribbles off the left side.....I need a bib!  Maybe Ollie would let me borrow one!

No comments: