Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's My Anniversary!


-->
Except not the married kind. Today marks one year of the "new me". May 11, 2010 was the day I went singing into surgery for my jaw. It has been a very long road - a lot of pain, a lot of stress and the recovery continues. I still struggle with loss of feeling, having to form words differently and eating, something I LOVE to do! The nerves are continuing to regenerate so something as simple as brushing my teeth is still painful in its own way and just an odd feeling all the way around. I still can't feel my gums. My bottom lip is still tingly but much better than it used to be. I knew going into this that I would never fully regain feeling in my face so I'm okay with it. Nevertheless, it still bugs me sometimes.

The best part of this? I am pain free!!!!!! Do you have any idea how nice it is to chew a piece of steak into little itty bitty pieces and THEN swallow it? Something so many of us take for granted, I couldn't do for years! And smiling. Okay, well, I was never so vain that I didn't smile because of how I looked. But hey, if they're gonna fix you AND make you look better, who am I to argue? At the risk of SOUNDING vain, let me just say that I smile at myself in the mirror every single morning. And I do it proudly! I'm happy with how I look. :)

So...for your viewing pleasure, I give you....my (musical) journey: (NOTE: The video is large so once you click on it, you may want to let it sit and buffer or it will continue to stop and start.)




No comments: