Sunday, July 25, 2010

Are We Done Yet?

Wouldn't it be great if we could just snap our fingers and have things our way?

I'm having a bit of pain the last week or so. :-( I'm sure much of it is just the healing process. The right side of my jaw is a bit more painful, as is the left side of my face in the upper part of my cheek bone. But the pain that concerns me is in my nose. Touching my nose is getting nearly impossible and the underside, at the top of my upper lip, is incredibly painful. I have a strange little "shelf" inside the right nostril and the cartilage is "mushy", for lack of a better word. Not sure what's going on but I'm going to contact the surgeon and see if he thinks it's normal or if I need to see him about it.

Other than that, things are moving along. I'm still eating everything I can. It takes me a long time to eat and it's still very difficult, but I'm doing it and trying hard to get back to normal. Soft foods are still my favorite but I know I can't just have those and expect to move forward. Talking is interesting. Because I have very limited feeling in my lips, left side and chin, I have to think about the words so my lips form them. It's a chore. I'm tired. Really. Nothing comes easy with jaw surgery! No pain, no gain, right?

3 comments:

Mags said...

My dear Aimee. You are trying so hard to be brave. Sounds like this is a terrifically difficult journey for you. I'm hoping with you that things get back to normal quickly. I wish I knew the perfect thing to say, but I don't. I know you said you're not a "praying person" on fb, but I want you to know that I will never stop praying for you, your healing, your need for Jesus. You know I say this out of love and not judgement. You are my friend. I see myself as a beggar leading other beggars to the food. Feel better. You're on my mind and heart.

Amanda said...

Yikes! I'm sorry you're in so much pain! Keep it positive and make that doctor of yours WORK for them bucks. ;)

Aimee said...

Margaret...you always know where I am and what to say to make me feel better. I love you!

Amanda...I'm doing all right, I'm not in terrible pain, it's just uncomfortable and I wish it would all just go away. lol Thanks for thinking of me! :D