Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Stick A Fork In Me, I'm Done! Well, Almost...

Tomorrow is the day. Let's hope we're close to an end to this nonsense they call recovery! I just received a phone call from Dr. Troost's office (he's my ENT, by the way). Surgery to repair my torn septum was originally scheduled at 9:15 am but I've been moved up so I go in at 7 am instead! If all goes well, I should be walking out of the hospital by noon! Keep your fingers crossed that it's fixable because they've said that although they believe they can take care of it, there's a chance it won't be 100% fixed. Ugh, that would SO not be fun!

For the record, my nose doesn't hurt and I'm not in any pain. But, the perforation makes breathing uncomfortable and it just plain feels weird! Try this on for size:

You go to McDonald's and buy yourself a fountain drink. You grab a straw. Soda in one hand, straw in the other...what do you do? You bang the straw on the counter to get it to poke through the paper. When you bang it too hard, what happens? Yep...the straw gets a perforation and when you try to drink through it, you have that "open air" feeling, you can't quite get the suction you need. It just doesn't work like it should, right?

This is how my nose feels when I breathe...it's incredibly irritating! And, I whistle. I've contemplated learning some songs and putting myself on the Letterman Show but so far, I haven't gotten a call back. Maybe another time. NOT!

Wish me luck! Maybe tomorrow will finally be the end of the carnival and someone will let me off this ride! Please? Anybody??



No comments: