Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Will It Happen?

I started my antibiotics on Saturday and got two doses in before going to bed that evening.  I woke up on Sunday and felt like a new person!!  I've been feeling so crummy for so long now that I'd almost forgotten what it was like to feel good!  This was a fantastic reminder!  Sunday was a good day.  :-)  Monday rolled around and again, feeling better.  I had to check in with both my dentist and doctor to let them know how I was feeling.  After speaking with Dr. David, she said that although I was feeling better, she was going to call Dr. Posnick and discuss with him what has been happening.  Every time I thought about this, my heart would sink because I've been anticipating the surgery date for so long and to have it postponed would be a bummer.  Well, Dr. David called me back later on Monday to let me know that she spoke with Dr. Posnick and that for now, we're leaving the surgery date where it is!  Yayyyy!!  They're pretty confident that with the drugs I'm on, things will clear up and we should be able to move forward as planned.  To be honest, with as cautious as my surgeon is, I was fully expecting to push the date back right away.  I'm glad I was wrong.  I'm not out of the woods quite yet but each day is better than the last.  The plan is to finish my course of meds, the last day being next Monday.  Then on Tuesday, I'll have to go back into the doctor for a re-check and testing.  I should get results within 3 days and if everything comes back okay, surgery is on.  All my crossables are crossed for positive news and I ask that you do the same!!  :-) 

No comments: