Saturday, April 24, 2010

Not So Fun

Just another quick update.  I've been feeling ill, on and off now, for about a month.  As you know from my previous post, I developed a small gum infection and about three weeks ago, was treated for a UTI. Since I wasn't feeling well and because surgery is in only a couple of weeks, my dentist asked that I see a doctor she works closely with so we could figure out why I'm not feeling well.  Dr. David ran a lot of tests and we've been waiting on the results.  In the meantime, I developed a large lump, this time in the gums of my bottom jaw.  Let me just say at this point that I have the most wonderful dentist in the world!  It's Saturday, I'm in pain and have something obviously wrong.  I call the emergency number, she immediately called me back and said to meet her at her office at 3 pm today.  In the meantime, Dr. David called with the results of my tests.  From the antibiotic I was taking for the UTI, I developed another infection, Clostridium Difficile (C. Diff).  No wonder I've been sick!!  Back to the dentist this afternoon - another infection.  Dr. Penski cleaned out the infection and took great care of me as she always does.  Unfortunately,  my immune system has been compromised and it will take a bit for it to build back up.  I'm now on two antibiotics and Dr. David will be talking with my surgeon on Monday to let him know what's been happening - I'll be very surprised at this point if they don't postpone my surgery.  :-(  I'm sick, I'm tired and I'm frustrated.

No comments: