Friday, February 19, 2010

Adult Orthodontics

May 25th, 2009.  So obviously I went back to see Dr. Gerlein to tell him he was right (well, halfway anyway) about the jaw surgery.  He did more x-rays, more molds and today was the day I got my braces on.  I was NOT excited!  I love to eat and I knew it was really going to put a damper on that!  The whole process was really quick, it only took about an hour, and I instantly didn't like them.  I felt like when I smiled, the braces stuck out about 2 feet!  To say I was self-conscious is an understatement!  Eight weeks till my next appointment.  I pouted all the way home.  Fast forward about two weeks - they were annoying, but not necessarily painful.  I was having a very difficult time chewing and could never quite find a comfortable way to do it.  And the food that gets stuck in the braces - whew!!!  Thank goodness for all the little brushes and picks Dr. G gives me or I'd go crazy!

No comments: