Monday, November 1, 2010

Sniffer Repair...

It's been a while since I last posted, so sorry! Let me get you up to date on the latest happenings.

I can almost feel my chin....entirely! My top lip is no longer numb. The gums of my bottom jaw are beginning to regain just a small amount of feeling. I have zero, count it....ZERO....feeling in the gums of my upper jaw. The feeling on the roof of my mouth is almost all back so I no longer worry about burning the heck out of my mouth when eating pizza. The left side of my face under my eye is still a little numb, as is my bottom lip....but all very do-able. If no more feeling came back, I'd be absolutely fine with it!

Chewing is still difficult and I struggle with it daily. Talking, as much as I love to do it, is also difficult and I still have to think about many of the words my mouth is forming. I still spit and drool from time to time. If it bothers Brian, he keeps quiet. Such a wonderful husband. :) All in all, things are progressing nicely....except for....

...my nose. *sigh* As you all know, it's been giving me trouble since the surgery. Surgeon said it was normal, ENT said it wasn't. After three or so weeks of antibiotics, nasal sprays and ointments (and no changes), surgery is slated for December 2nd. At that time, he'll repair my torn septum so it feels right and I stop whistling and open up my turbinates a bit more so I can breathe normally. Yayyyy! Finally. No more whistlin' Dixie as a bedtime song! Ugh.

Surgery...as I said, December 2nd. It's an outpatient procedure, nothing like the one I had done in May!! I'll go back the following day and have the packing removed, then a couple more days of down time and I should be good to go! I'll be so glad when it's done!

I visited the orthodontist last week - had impressions done of my mouth. I go back this week on Wednesday and....drumroll....should find out when I get my braces off! He has to look at the models to see what final adjustments he has to make before they come off! But, it looks as if we're still on target for December sometime. If he doesn't have a date for me on Wed., he will at my next appt. I can't WAIT to know!

Although I'm still struggling with a few aspects of how I look....here I am!!!


3 comments:

Amanda said...

About damn time they fixed your nose! Dang! I'm glad they have you scheduled for surgery.

MAN! December is your month! Braces off, surgery to stop the whistle/pain, NICE!

Tami Tripp said...

You look great in your picture!

I hope your surgery goes well and your nose feels better quickly! It's been a heck of a year!

Aimee said...

Thanks, guys! I'm feeling a lot better about things and when my nose is fixed it'll make a HUGE difference in my recovery! To not whistle is my goal...LOL.

Tami, it HAS been a hell of a year and I'm looking at 2011 to be a lot more fun - it'd better be! LOL