Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 66 - The Nose Knows..

My face hurts. More specifically, my nose hurts! It's hard to touch it, I'm still not breathing quite right and it's just uncomfortable. The area on my cheeks where they did the bone grafts are very tender today for some reason. Maybe it's the weather getting to my sinuses or something, but today is just not a good day. My nose hasn't been quite right up to this point...breathing isn't bad, but it doesn't feel "normal". I suppose in another 4 or 5 months, maybe it will...I'm getting tired of waiting. Really, I am SO tired of waiting.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You're a trooper! I know how much it sucks not to be able to yawn fully as I had my jaw wired at one point for my braces. I actually broke them 2 times before I learned how to yawn through my nose... which isn't anywhere near as satisfying. :P But meh, it's better than breaking the work in progress and having to start over... God, nobody wants to start over! (Amanda1981)

Unknown said...

Oh Aimee, I feel for you. My septoplasty was put off til the end of August, so can understand the pain you are in. The yawning really sucks... I have bands on still (day 48) so they tend to stop me from opening as far as I would like but don't really have any pain with that just a click in the right jaw joint. My biggest pain other than my damn nose is when I sneeze, I suffer with bad sinus and since the op I sneeze heaps! And today I had food in my mouth and a sneeze would not wait and it came right on out and my teeth all banged together and OMG the pain I am experiencing now is horrid.
Numb gums I had no idea that mine were numb until I ran my finger round them and I could not feel ANYTHING!!

Do you have a sense of taste?? I still can not really taste much at all, I can taste garlic if it is strong and I can make out other flavours... just. Did you have this problem?

Hope you feel better real soon and sorry for me to have whinged etc... I am really grateful for where i am at now, well you know how it is, sometimes the bad just out ways the good some days.
xx